He was super-excited to go. So excited, in fact, that he was up at 6:45 am, and he doesn't get on the bus until 8:45 am. We're still working on his bedtime so that he's not up too early. It only takes him about 20 minutes to get ready for school, and the rest of the time he's really bored. He loves school, though. He's got a really nice teacher, and lots of friends in his class.
While Alex was at school the first day, Bella and I spent the time baking:
In this picture, Bella is the official graham cracker crumb-maker for the s'mores cake I made. It turned out really cool, but I put WAY too much marshmallow fluff on it, so it oozed out everywhere. We also made apple cinnamon rolls and a few other things that I can't recall right now.
Then on Thursday was Bella's first day of school:
She's going to preschool one day a week at the preschool located in our church. She loves it! No tears or anything when we dropped her off.
Overall the week went well. Alex comes home from school WAY more hyper than I would like. Even though lately he's had 2 recesses and 2 gym classes a day, he's still really wound up when he gets home. He's also a little jealous that Bella gets to stay home and do things with me. He's bummed that he doesn't get to go grocery shopping with us, or go to the library with us, or other things like that, because he's in school. But we can't really do those things in the evening with him very well, because he doesn't get home from school until 4pm, and then we have dinner, then James leaves for work by 7pm, so it's pretty hectic.
No comments:
Post a Comment